Resolved
1.8

Update by user Jul 06, 2015

A supervisor did contact me, and sent me a promo code for two free tickets up to $39 value, including convenience fees, with a three-week expiry. I have been able to use the code and am looking forward to seeing a movie this evening with my wife.

Good for Fandango.

Also, in the interim I have been able to successfully use the Visa +1 Movie Fridays feature without any real problems -- it still claims "We're sorry, it looks like you have already used your +1 Movie Fridays offer" but the discount is still applied.

Original review posted by user Jun 26, 2015

My most recent experience with Fandago and Visa +1 Movie Fridays offer was very negative. I wasted oodles of time. I hope you can learn from my experience.

Starting just after midnight local time on 2015jun26 I tried to purchase two tickets to ‘Inside Out’ for my son and his wife using a Visa signature card to take advantage of the +1 Movie Fridays offer. My Visa Signature card number passed the initial test. At the “Order” screen I received the usual “We’re sorry, it looks like you have already used your +1 Movie Fridays offer ...” error message. I say ‘usual’ because every time I have used the +1 Movie Fridays offer I have received that message (even though I’ve never used any of my cards more than once), and it hasn’t mattered, the discount has still been applied, as it was in this case. I then click ‘Continue Checkout’ so I am on the “Review” screen. Everything looks fine, I still have more than five minutes to complete my order. Then I click ‘Complete My Purchase’. Now I see “ERROR 500: UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST”. I try many other times, using other web browsers, on a laptop and on my cell phone, off and on intermittently until mid-afternoon (remember I started just after midnight). Although failure modes differed, the common threads were that the links to start down the +1 Movie Fridays offer were active, and I yet could never successfully complete the transaction. There was no indication that there was anything wrong with Fandango’s site. Finally, I was down to the wire, as I had promised a pair of tickets to my son and his wife for a 5:10pm show, so I went ahead and purchased them (including two *convenience* fees) without benefit of the +1 Movie Fridays offer. That worked fine, on the first try. Later in the day I contacted Fandango’s “Live Assistance” -- it was not available when my first failure occurred and I didn’t think of it again until after I’d purchased the tickets. The agent was polite but completely refused to offer me any sort of refund for my troubles. The agent stated that “a supervisor is not available at this time” and offered to “submit your[my] request for one to contact” me when I asked if someone else might be able to help me. If/when that occurs I will again ask for a full/partial refund for my troubles.

During the chat the I found out that the “problem was fixed earlier today at 6pm, central time”. It is truly unfortunate that Fandango provided no indication that there was a problem (although they clearly knew there was a problem), and that Fandango provided no indication that the problem had been solved.

Bottom line: If +1 Movie Fridays offer fails after a couple of tries, check with Live Assistance, and if that is not available, then try 866-857-5191 (although I cannot vouch for whether that is really 24/7, as the agent indicated to me).

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of movie tickets from Fandango. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $31 and wants Fandango to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was compensation refusal and lack of status posting on website. Author liked the most agent politeness. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Fandango for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments