Newfield, New Jersey

I want to express how disappointed I am with Fandango customer service. A friend had a 15 gift card that she did not believe she had ever used and offered it to me for my daughters.

I went online to double check the balance and the Fandango site would not take the gift card number or the claim code. I called customer service and after waiting on hold for almost 20 minutes, the rep who answered told me that the website didn't recognize the numbers because Fandango gift cards expire. I let her know that there is no expiration date or any indication of there being an expiration on the giftcard. She then said that my friend must have bought it in a 3 pack at a store and "probably gave it to me because she knew it expired".

I hung up on her.

Consumers, please be aware. Fandango Gift Cards expire even though there is no indication on the gift card and the customer service reps are trained to insult people rather than accept responsibility and/or apologize for false advertising.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Fandango Cons: Gift card it wont work, Very rude customer service rep.

Comments