I bought tickets to a movie and when the previews were done and the movie was started, the lights still hadn't gone down.The volume was also much lower than usual.

I asked at the front what was going on. They informed me that it was a special needs screening and that it should've said something about that when I bought the tickets. I went back in the theater and watched but it was definitely not the movie experience I paid for. It would have been more fun to watch the movie in my house.

I went home and looked up on the fandango app to see if it was noted anywhere that the Saturday 1030am screenings were special needs screenings and found that they weren't noted as such. Fandango had made a mistake and I deserved my money back. If they had made note of the type of screening it was, I would not have purchased tickets. Or to put it another way, I was not told that this was not a standard screening and when I purchased tickets, it was with the understanding that this would be a standard movie screening.

When I chatting with Fandango about getting a refund, they said that their refund policy says that they can't give refunds after the show time. I knew that was wrong because it was their mistake. They were the ones who falsely advertised this movie. And how would I know that it was a special needs screening before the showtime started if Fandango didn't make note of the fact that it was a special screening?!

I asked the chat person to escalate the case. 3 people eventually emailed me and each of them referred to their refund policy.

I understand policies, but in the case where the company is the one at fault, they need to make exceptions to the policy and take responsibility.I am never going to use Fandango again and will make it a personal mission to tell everyone I can about the horrible customer service they give.

Review about: Fandango Movie Ticket.

I didn't like: Refusal to make an exception to refund policy.

Had an Experience with Fandango?

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1313347

When you buy movie tickets online instead of buying the ticket(s) at the theater, you get yourself into a situation like this. Why would anyone purchase a movie ticket online when you intend on going to the theater anyway? Doesn't make much sense.

fandangofail
to rollo2016 #1313680

Have you seen the kiosks in lobbies at movie theaters these days?Those are there so you can check in with your tickets you bought online.

You have a reserved seat and don't have to worry about the movie selling out and don't have to wait in line at the box office.

Those are all very valid reasons to buy tickets online.If it didn't make sense to do it, Fandango wouldn't be such a huge company.