1.7

A glitch in the fandango app defaulted my tickets to the wrong theatre even though i selected the right theatre.In the fandango app, I selected my cinema of choice.

Purchased tickets for showtime 10:15pm. Was in line at 10:05pm and the teller tried scanning, but would not work. After some further research he told me the tickets were for another cinema and that I would have to contact fandango for a refund. I purchased tickets there so I catch the show and at the same time called Fandango.

I was on hold for a long time all the way up until the actual movie started and never got to exchange. I figured i would call the next day and get an exchange, but their policy is that if the show time passes you cannot exchange or refund. After over 2 hours with phone calls and chats and after escalating to a manager, Fandango refused to supply me with 2 new tickets. They were very rude and told me it was a user error and that I must have selected the wrong theatre.

However, i'm very tech savy and I know for a fact I selected the correct theatre at Salisbury Regal Cinema stadium 16 in Maryland. Yet the tickets were for a cinema in dover delaware a whole other state.

I gave them a final chance to make good on this before i start sharing this negative experience through reviews and also put a complaint in with the Better Business Bureau, but still they refused to make good on this terrible experience.You are better off ordering tickets directly from the theatre and save yourself money from paying them convenience fees.

Review about: Fandango Movie Ticket.

Preferred solution: 2 tickets to a theatre within their network with no convenience fee.

I didn't like: Being blamed for their mistake, Rude customer service, Unfair exchange refund policy, Extremely long hold times, Glitchy inaccurate app, Awful customer service, Being on hold for over an hour, Refused flatly to help or offer any solution.

Had an Experience with Fandango?

Comments

San Francisco, California, United States #1296290

this also just happened to me.I know that I selected a different time than was on my receipt, and when I went to review my tickets, only then did I discover that it was for the wrong time.

Trying to get a "refund" resulted in them giving me a Fandango credit, even though I ended up buying new tickets at the theater (and not through Fandango).

When I suggested that I'd fight it with my credit card, they threatened to close my account because it "was against their terms." But they won't reverse the credit or provide a real refund.It's a bait and switch, several times over.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1286770

They did the same thing to me.They tried to tell me it was my error when I was certain about my purchase.

The "customer service" rep was very dismissive and condescending.When I asked to speak to a supervisor he actually put me on hold and then got back on pretending to be a different person.

to Anonymous Salisbury, Maryland, United States #1288630

everyone needs to take the time and file a Better business complaint and also a review. I've done both. You can file complaint on Fandango here:

You can file a complaint here:

You can file a revew: