Used promo code that my daughter & I worked very hard for to win from radio station.

We went online & got 4 tickets (total value $60 @ $15/ticket) for the 11:05 pm showing. I don't know about others, but to me $60 is a lot of money.

Unfortunately we got a call

from the assisted living facility where my mother lives telling us that she was ill with projectile vomiting. I canceled the tickets right away, but got a message saying that I could not exchange the tickets even though their website states that they offer

exchanges/refunds now. Waited over an hr. to be connected to a customer service rep.

She basically told me that she couldn't do anything, but would send it to Corporate for review & it could take 3-5 days. Well, I got a denial right away & this was my response back to Fandango.

I am very confused & disappointed in the denial. It states that the time frame had passed so refund/exchange could not be processed. As you can see, Katrina's response was at 9:34 pm & our movie was scheduled to start at 11:05 pm so how is it that the showtime had already passed.

Also please note that it took over an hr. to get connected to a customer service rep. I was caller #12 at the beginning of the process & it took well over an hr. to get a CSR.

This was a special circumstance that we had to take my 85 yr. old mother to the ER due to a bowel obstruction that required emergency surgery. It was NOT planned. Because we have choices in obtaining movie tickets through other.

venues as through the theater itself or Atom or Movietickets, we won't be using Fandango from now on. Very disappointed in response & lack of understanding/compassion on the part of Fandango. Be assured that I will use social media to the fullest to inform others of what transpired & not to use Fandango in the future. I had hoped that we could have turned this experience into a story of spectacular customer service, but unfortunately I was wrong.

Reading other reviews, it seems Fandango does this routinely to their customers. Shame on you!

Response Via Email (Katrina) 08/22/2019 09:34 PM

Our Corporate Office has reviewed your request for a refund. After their further investigation into this situation, we are unable to offer a refund or exchange for Fandango credit. We are sorry for any disappointment caused by our inability to grant your request, but when it comes to granting refunds or exchanges we are limited by our ability to process those requests before show time.

Since your request was initiated after that window of time had run out, we no longer have that option.

Purchase Details

The Kitchen (2019)

Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019

Showtime: 11:05 pm

Aud 13

Seats: G15, G16, G17, G18

Product or Service Mentioned: Fandango Movie Ticket.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

h.kitchener

Why don't you dispute the charge---you haven't paid for them yet if you used a credit card and state in the dispute reasons what you said in your complaint about refunds available, etc. At the very least Fandango will be charged a "dispute charge fee" of some $25, just by your filing the dispute.